I have started to really get the side affects from both Chemo and Radiation.
A pain in the rear...... Radiation that is. I am feeling burning, itching, and soreness down there. It is aslo affecting me into the female areas... ouch!
Nausea... everyday and almost all day. Most of the time its beatable with a sip of something to drink and some crackers or something like that. I am trying my hardest not to take that Phenergen again.
Fatigue... that would be my biggest problem right now. Yes the "rear" thing hurts but only when I move or go potty. This being tired thing is a big problem. I cant sleep in the middle of the day with the kids and by the time evening comes around Im so tired Im a total grouch. I do doze off though. Only for a few minutes at a time.
I have no energy most of the time and feel so guilty for it. I should do more. I should get more done. I just dont/cant. Sometimes I feel like I litterally have weights on my arms.
So this week has been up and down. I went from feeling fine to having all these symptoms; constipated to severe diahrrea (sp?) wich totally hurts.
I guess you could say this is one of those posts that arent so pleasant.
So, there ya have it. This week was long and painful. 5 straight days of driving to Radiation; 3 hours a day gone and I am pooped by 9 am.
Now, any positives? Well, aside from the support I get and the fact that now I have 9 Radiation treatments down and only 16 to go? NONE!
Ok Bitch session over.
Sorry.
Hope everyone has a good weekend. I hope to have some fun tommorrow night but other than that Im gonna work and hopefully get some rest.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Hey - you are 1/3 of the way done. That's better than day one for sure! I hope that you are able to just go one day at a time and lean on your friends and family for support. I can't even imagine. I'm praying for you every day...
Sending good thoughts and spare strength your way.
Thanks Tracy and Missi....
Stay strong Brenda! We are all thinking about you. You'll be done soon and we will have a Brenda kicked Cancer's ass/TPS meetup!!!!
Well..I dont know what to say. The postive as least those many are over with...the negative...sorry that you feel so rotten and tired. Wish I could help somehow. You can fly all your kids to New Brunswick if you want. I'll keep em for awhile. That might be a bit of culture shock lol :) Really though,hang in there. Some day this will be some distant nightmare and you will feel like the strongest woman alive..cause you kicked Cancers stanky ass!!!!!
Erica and Michelle... thanks to you too. It means alot that all of you support me.
Post a Comment