Saturday, November 1, 2008

As if things arent already bad enough!

Friday Im sitting here like every other day and I hear keys in the front door. It's 1pm... no one should be trying to come in. My heart started to beat a bit faster and then in walks Harold. Very unusual for this to happen and I knew immediately that something was wrong.

Well, I was right unfortunately.

Harold was laid off.

Insurance cancelled as of midnight also.

Ok. great so we've lost our main source of income AND our Health Insurance and oh yeah... I am battling fucking Cancer! Perfect timing!

I cant put into words how we are feeling right now. I have found myself asking what the hell did I do to deserve this? I need my Chemo to beat this freakin Cancer and of course I want this damn ostomy gone asap!!! Is this a punishment of some sort?

I want to scream... I want to hit someone.

My poor Husband thinks he is a let down to me and the kids. He is so stressed out. Im so worried because he has high cholesterol anyway and he could have a heart attack or stroke.

So, just when I thought I would catch a break and get to relax and heal from surgery....... what the fuck ever!!!!! What is the meaning of relax anyway?

4 comments:

Sara Hurt (Biese) said...

Bren...you are in my prayers. Keep your chin up...I have a feeling you will have several friends help you thru this!

Smith Family said...

OH Bren, I have no words right now. I am so sorry. This is not right. They have to provide Cobra insurance don't they? I know it cost but at least it has to be a lot less than what it would cost for treatment.

Backroads by Lynda the blog said...

Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Give Harold a hug too from all of us reading your blog, it isn't his fault it's the company's and he needs to remember that he hasn't let anyone down....they have! Love to you Bren, hang in there.

Jeannie Reeves said...

I am so sorry Bren!!!!