First and foremost... the Pathology results came back with clear margins!!!!!
Wow what an experience. Over all it went well and I surprised the hospital team how fast I was willing to get up walking and heal. Day 1 I walked to the chair and sat down. Day number 2 I took a shower and was walking laps in the hall.
I was pretty bored. Daytime t.v sucks. My pain was managed the first 2 days by my Epidural and Morphine. Then we switched to Toradol for pain.
They removed my Epidural at 6 am on Friday and then my Cathedar at 11 am. Around 3 the Doc came by and asked if I want to go home. lol Sure!
Total of 5 days and I was outa there!
I made the mistake of eating a piece of Pizza that night when I came home. Apparently my stomach was not ready for that. I spent 5 hours in severe pain on Saturday morning. Not good.
The rest of the weekend went ok. I did have some issues with my new "appliance". Harold had to help me put it on and we finally had some success.
I have been up moving around, folded a load of laundry and even did some dishes. I know what your thinking. You shouldnt be doing anything... yeah.... blah blah blah. I can NOT just sit here. Trust me when I say I will let people know when I need help or when I am tired. I know my limits and I will do what ever it takes to stay out of that stupid hospital.
Today I got the kids off to school and Becca drove them for me. Then she came and took me to the store to buy some groceries and needed items for the house. So, I did my fare share of walking today. I left all the things that doesnt go in the fridge for the kids to put away.
I'll stop here for now. I dont type in the form of a story and Im sure Im not that entertaining but thanks for reading... and most importantly thanks for caring.
Thanks for all the cards, flowers, and phone calls. I appreciate it more than you know.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Okay my advice is that I would like you to overwork and do whatever you want. Then at least I know you followed someones advice. LOL!!!! You are good about taking care of yourself so keep it up. I am so glad that things went so well. How long till you get to get rid of your new "appliance"?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HOLLY!
your too funny.
Glad you are doing OK..
I'm glad every went well. Take care and you'll be in my prayers.
Stacey
I'm glad you got good news with the pathology report! Take care and I'll continue to keep you in my prayers.
I am glad to hear you are doing well and that the lab results were good...Yay for you!
You will stay in my prayers for continued healing!
Hugs from up the road! From our family to yours ....we are keeping you in our prayers as you recover (well as you go above and beyond what recovering means!).
Thanks for the update, Bren. I'm so happy that your results came back negative! Get better. I expect to see you in Oklahoma in March! (That trouble-making husband of yours too!)
Post a Comment