Well, today was surgery day. We started off at the butt crack of dawn, not that it really mattered for us to get to the hospital on time since we always seem to wait forever. We were supposed to be there two hours before the scheduled surgery and we arrived about 5 minutes late. From the start we knew something was different with this hospital, since everyone was nice and attentive, go figure, the Hippocratic oath is still used in modern medicine. The anesthesiologist talked her into a epidural which was put in uneventfully... ...Three hours later...I speak to her surgeon and she informs me that Brenda's liver looked great no signs of cancer.Her intestines show no signs of caner, so they removed the section of lower colon which by the way had no visible signs of the tumor, and the surrounding lymph nodes were removed and sent for biopsy. We have to wait for the pathology results on the lymph nodes but I am hoping that this good news will continue. They gave Brenda a (temporary) ostomy, I asked twice that they would be able to reconnect later just to make certain and I received the same response. "Yes temporary" was the response.
She is very tired and is in and out of sleeping. Her pain is being managed every hour with morphine, as well as the epidural.
She was whiter than usual which is pretty white, then she turned gray for a while, but I was not going to leave unless she at least looked normal.
I will be going back tomorrow.
If there are any changes I will do my best to keep everyone informed.
That’s all for now, I'm tired.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Thank you for the update! Brenda, I am thinking of you, lots of love.
Jane
Bren,
Glad it is over, now your job is to get well.
We are all thinking about you and your family.
From your other family
Harold, thank you for updating and send Brenda mine and Margie's love and thoughts. Tricia
Thanks for the update Harold! I have been praying for Bren all day! If she is with it at all tomorrow...give her a hug from me! Love you guys!
you are all in my thoughts and prayers!!!
thank you for the update.
Thanks for the update Harold! Best wishes Brenda, we are praying for you!
Marti
Harold
Thanks for posting about Brenda.
Glad everything went okay.
Tell her we love her and we are here if you all need us.
Take care of yourself too.
Love Lisa Neil and the boys
I hope Brenda feels better!!!!!!!
Thank you for updating her blog. I worry so much about her. I am glad that things went well.
I am happy to hear all went well. I am thinking and praying for you.
Take care and gets lots of rest!
Tycie
Post a Comment