Sunday, November 16, 2008

Not much to say.....



A good friend reminded me that I haven't been keeping up with the blog. Sorry. I guess I just have nothing to say.




Recovery is going well. I get around pretty good. Still having some pain but manageable with meds when needed. I have adapted to my Ostomy pretty well. Totally hate having it but its not like I can just take it off or something. I still walk like an old lady; slow and kinda hunched over holding my abdomen. I feel like I have ran a marathon each time I walk from the house to the car or from the car to the store. I get winded, it takes alot out of me. I refuse to sit in one of those carts with a motor though.




On top of all of our bad luck Christian broke a window Friday night. Just one more thing we have to come up with money to fix. I swear... I think I heard it comes in three's? Were getting it in ten's!




I go the the Oncologist on Monday to discuss when to start Chemo. Its my hope that we'll wait to start it December 1st because then my off week will be Christmas week. I dont want to feel like shit on top of feeling like shit about the whole Holiday season to begin with. I guess we'll find out Monday.


Still no job for Harold. He keeps sending resume's to companies when he finds them. Its just the wrong time of year! And the economy freakin sucks!




I sent in a few apps as well. Trying to get a clerical job at the Hospital's because they offer Health insurance for Pt employee's. of course no calls.



So, for now we are just doing my little Pt job, it isnt much but its something.


Shopping for groceries has become a sport. We have to make things go a long way. Making snacks instead of buying them. Been baking cookies and made me a cake last night. I do mean me. lol No one else really cares for it. Well, Tora might eat a little. Made Rice Krispie treats last week. Also, Chili can be 2 or 3 meals. a pan of Lasagna can too. I bought a bonless ham and its been used several times already for Grilled ham and cheese sanwiches and the main course for dinner. This morning its going to be cooked for breakfast. I try to mix things up so we dont get tired of the same things too. Were pretty picky eaters around here so that makes it a bit harder but its working out.


Anyway, not sure if that is a good update or not but thats where we are. I'll post later in the week since I have two Dr appointments and I'll let you know how they go.

thanks for all the continued support.













No comments: