Treatment will begin December 1st.
I will be participating in a Study by taking an aditional medication. This is not a new medication but its not normally used in Stage I or Stage II Colorectal patients. Its normally used in patients with Stages III and IV. The goal is to find out if by using the medication will it increase my chances of NOT having a reaccurence down the road.
The name is of the drug is Avastin. Its got a few side affects that Im a tad worried about but not everyone reacts the same way so we will just wait and see what happens.
The normal protocol for my treatment is the "Folfox". Its a coctail of 3 different drugs (Leukovorin, Oxilopalatin, and 5FU). So, now I'll be adding the Avastin too.
Treatment is supposed to last about 3 hours and then I'll come home with the pump again. This time its for 46 hours.
Treatments will be every other Monday and then I'll have to go back on that Wed to disconnect the pump. I'll have one bad week and one better week (notice I didnt say good week) As I go along the side affects will worsen and the Neuropothy will get worse.
This will last for 6 months.
Anyway, I go to a follow up appointment with the Radiation Oncologist tommorrow so if there is anything to report I will.
Until then
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment