Sunday, August 3, 2008

This week

sometimes I feel like all I do is type my complaints.lol In away they are complaints but mostly its just my symptoms and they are what they are. I try not to sound like a whiner ya know.

So, anyway this week has been different thats for sure.

The burning when I pee has subsided a bit but not completely.

The diahrea has majorly stepped up a notch. More frequent, and less controlable.
The meds arent keeping it at bay anymore. I guess Im gonna have to stay closer to home until this passes. (lets just say I live to far in the country and gas station bathrooms are too far apart) also, I have learned to keep a change of clothes in the car.

Radiation burn, well Im sitting on pillows now. It feels like my butt is sunburned right between the cheeks and towards the top. Its not overly painful just very uncomfortable.

Fatigue, before this week I would say I was fatigued moderately. Now! well now I know what real fatigue is. I could not stay awake. I didnt have the energy to move. It takes all I have to get dressed.

If there is any good news to this it is that this coming week will probably be the worst and then things will get better slowly.

tommorrow (Monday) I go to get unhooked from the Chemo pump. I will be so glad to not be wearing this thing. I have had it on for 34 days now. Which means that I have had a needle stuck in my chest for that long too. lol

Tuesday is my last Radiation.... #25. that means I have driven aproximately 2600 miles to get radiation over the last 5 weeks.

Then I have some time off.

Ahhhh............

2 comments:

Stacey J. said...

Hi! old mpixer here. Just stopped by to say I think that you are brave and strong and little complaining never hurts! You are in my prayers.
Stacey
(butterbean)

Gro said...

Hi Bren,

I am glad you are done with the treatments for now. Stay strong and I hope you will recover and feel well enough to join us in Beckly in October.

Gro