First treatment of Radiation was today. Pretty much what I suspected. I layed on that table with my ass in the air and about 7 minutes it was over. Took longer to adjust me to the right position and take xrays than it did to do the treatment. No pain of course.. that will change as I progress. Also so will the side affects ie; nausea, diarhea, swelling, redness at the site (you know what site that is), fatigue. Decided to take the early morning time slot to make it easier on the kids. I should be home by 9 a.m (except Mondays). So, they wont miss any playtime.
First Chemo treatment was today too. Sat in a room with 7 recliners against two walls (14 total) with 13 other Cancer patients. Its cold as freakin Hell in there (yeah, I know Hell isnt cold but you kwim). So, She accessed my port which hurt like you know what. got my premeds, then they hooked me up with the Chemo meds, 2.5 hours later I got hooked up to the Chemo Pump I get to wear 24/7 and was set free.
Left the house at 8:30 and home at 4:45pm.
This will be my Monday's for the next 5.
Now, how do I feel?
Very tired. Not due to the Meds at this time but due to the long day and just the general Cancer fatigue still. Also, ya know how your legs feel after you've worked out or rode a bike or something? Kinda shakey feeling... thats how my legs and arms feel. I have a little shake in my hands too. Im guessing due to the meds because Im not used to them.
Prescriptions for Phenergen(sp?) for nausea and Immodium for diarhea, plus I have Vicodin for pain, and I Ativan (I think?) for the Anxiety attacks I have been having (Im too tired to get up to check the name,lol.
So now about that stupid fanny pack. Its annoying. Not to the point that I can t do anything but just anoying. I can take a shower so thats good:) I just look like a nerd wearing a fanny pack.
Oh, and when I was laying on that table getting Radiation today. It hit me. I am getting Radiation! WTF?!! It was a horrible feeling. It took all I had to keep it together. Mostly because I knew I couldnt wipe my tears because Im not allowed to move.
This day sucked, and its only gonna suck worse I as I go along on this sucky journey. (did I use the word enough? lol)
I have had a lot of you email me and I want to tell you how much I truely appreciate you. I am not joking...... I CANT DO THIS WITHOUT ALL OF YOU!!! Its a lonely feeling to go through this and having you helps soooooooo much.
Love you all... B
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Brenda;
It's Sharon just wanted to let you know we are here.
I know what you're going through I was there.
about the port ask your doctor for a scrip. for lanacane you dab a nickle anount an hour before chemo and put glad wrap peal and seal over it so it doesn't smires. It helps alot.
hang in there you can do it,it's been over 1 yr. since my surgery and 5 month since last Chemo.
Sharon
Brenda,
I am SO sorry that I am just now finding out about all of this. I will definitely have you in my thoughts and prayers while you go through this journey.
Big hugs girl!
Jodi
I can't imagine how you feel -- butt up in the air and all (it has to be horrifying and humiliating and scary and etc.) -- I'm praying for you and wish we lived closer!! Why can't all us TPS girls live closer together -- we'd have our own little cult on some cul-de-sac -- and take care of each other!!
Brenda, you break my heart every single time I read your blog. How much do I wish you weren't going through all of this, the pain, the fatigue, the embarrassment all of the horrible side effects of Cancer. I totally agree, I wish all of us TPS ladies lived closer, we would be there taking care of you so much that you would be sick of us!!! But you can do this, out of any of us, you can. Your the strongest person I know and you can do this.
Love you lots, stay strong girl, you know where we are any time day or night.
xo
Gar
Post a Comment