Wednesday, June 25, 2008

It was a LONG day

Went today to meet my Radiation Oncologist. I really like him. He was very down to earth. He has 3 kids so he understands my frustration on the time away from home each day and the long drive.. which by the way is 105 miles round trip!!


We talked about everything, the side affects the process and everything. They went ahead and did a CT scan of my pelvis and measured for the radiaton treatments. That sucked! I had to lay on this table that looked kinda like a massage table where I put my face in that round hole. Well, it was NOT a massage and my face hurt from laying on that thing. It was not comfortable at all. Not to mention I was positioned where my butt was up in the air and UNCOVERED the whole time. ONE hour is how long I had to be in that position. Now I have markings on me in about 4 different places so they will know where to aim the beams of radiation when I go in.


----------------------


Whats next:


Tommorrow I get my Port inserted.


Monday 6/30 I start Radiation and Chemo. that will be a loooooooooonnnnnnnnggggg day!



-------------


Feeling really tired today now after being gone for 5 hours for a freakin Dr. appointment. The driving an hour each way is gonna kick the shit out of me; if nothing else does.


CANCER SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As long as I've known you . You have never let anything kick the shit out of you .. Fight Brenda Fight!!!!.. I know how strong you are and your going to Kick this Crap .. Thinking of you every day!