After the whole Gall Bladder and Bile Leak emergency I was really hoping 2008 would get a bit better. Wrong!
After my surgery I started having other symptoms. Rectal bleeding, blood in stool, pressure in my "seat" or "pelvic floor" or "rear" if you will. Also was running fever, cold chills, and night sweats. When I was at a check up with my surgeon I mentioned all of the above and he sent me for blood work and stool cultures. All came back normal. Next was a CT scan. Normal. Then the Colonoscopy. Of course they found a polyp and took a biopsy of it. A few days later I was called into the office and was told to "bring your husband with you". Well, there ya have it. I knew 14 hours before the Dr. told me. I was having a Endoscopic U/S a few days after and found out I have Stage II Rectal Cancer.
I was sent to a Colo Rectal specialist at UC hospital in Cincy. She has a better treatment plan than the surgeon did.
We are doing 25 treatments of Radiation (5 days for 5 weeks). A few chemo treatments (wearing the fanny pack with the Chemo for 48 hours around the house). Then go back to see the specialist on August 19, 2008.
Well I have known for just over 3 weeks now. I go to the Oncologist tommorrow (6/17/08) for my consult. I'll post an update on that when I return.
My next step is on Friday (6/20/08) I get my Porta Cath inserted.
Lost about 15 pounds since April 3rd.
Current symptoms: Bleeding still, fatigue, weight loss, pressure, pelvic pain, loss of appetite, sleeplessness.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment