Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Oncologist appointment

The appointment went very well. I like the Doctor alot, he is very patient, great bedside manner, he took his time and told me about the side affects of Chemo and the time line I would be having it.

I will have to wear the Pump 24/7 for 5 weeks.

Radiation will be 5 days a week for 5 weeks.

I will have to get the pump replaced every Monday; also I'll have to be in the office for a while to get another medication infused in my port. So on Monday's it will be a loooonnngg day. Probably 6 hours away from home. The other days should be 3 hours. :(

The drive time for Radiation is 1 hour each way.

Luckily the Oncologist has an office just 5 miles up the road from the hostpital so that wont be alot of extra driving.

Chemo is scheduled for June 30th.

Waiting for Radiation to call me to come in and do my measurements.
So hopefully both Radiation and Chemo will begin on the 30th


Its gonna be a tough road ahead. I have had alot of people offer to help and I appreciate that.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you're blogging so I don't have to bug you every day! :) You know you're in our thoughts every day and we're here for you! You just let me know when I can start the casserole (sp) express! HUGS Chickie...big ones!

Gro said...

Bren, love your blog. I will follow it regulary and try to help you through the rough days. God bless.

MommytoMyBoyz said...

My prayers and thoughts will be with you over these next few weeks --