Saturday, May 2, 2009

I know, I know... I suck! (round 11)

Yep I forgot to update.

I have been so busy I just forgot. This round was just like #10 I "felt" better but was so very very tired. I dont think there is a good way to describe how fatiged I have been on these last couple of rounds. I always thought I knew what fatigue was but until now... ha! I 'll change that to I knew what tired was. This is soooooo much worse.

So, I got through that round and even gained 2 pounds! lol I think Im gonna gain all my weight back. Thats ok though. Even if I am fat; I dont care as long as I get rid of this freakin disease.

So, since last week (getting past 4 days of being exhausted) I have worked alot, and I had to go get Xrays on my Cervical Spine due to this "shock" I get everytime I move my head down. (yeah, just what I want, another side affect). Hopefully this Monday I will get an idea of what is causing it.

I also found a Gyno to go to about the female issues caused by Radiation. I havent discussed this here I think because of the nature of the topic but apparently the Radiation has caused possible scar tissue on my Vaginal wall and I cannot be with Harold as a result. Its extremely painful and I hope something can be done. I have tried Estrogen cream but it didnt help.

Some good news!
I got a call from our local Brownie Troop, Im shooting thier photo's this weekend. Its just a snapshot type deal but they called and their paying... works for me!

More good news!
My group of ladies that share a common intrest (cancer) are going to Florida!!! We are a group of ladies who all have Cancer and we support one another. Some are Photographers as well. We are from all over the US and were flying down, staying 3 nights, 3 days and flying home. I have never flown! lol The best part aside from being with these ladies is .... It wont cost me a penny! Condo provided.......... flight provided....... yipee! All I need is spending cash. So, thats June 18th....

Now on the topic of these gals....
With a heavy heart I'll tell you what sparked this meet up for us is the fact that we lost one of our members this past weekend. Her name was Lisa and she died from Stage IV Colon Cancer. She had 3 kids and 2 of them are still pretty young. She was only 42 I think. We have had a rough week and decided that due to the nature of the disease we want to really get to know each other and be closer friends to help each other through this. So, we are gonna hang out in beautiful Destin, Floriday a few days.

I am on another Forum with Colorectal patients and we have lost several members over the past few weeks. This is a slap in the face of a Cancer patient. It wakes you up and reminds you that this disease can decide to spread and take you out of this game of life on earth. Chemo doesnt always stop it, neither does surgery. It has a mind of its own and some will win and some will loose thier battle. The pain that these families describe and have to go through is heart wrenching.

Well, Monday is the last round of Chemo. I suppose he will order a CT scan soon so we will find out if I have any spreading. Then, I will meet with my surgeon about when to have surgery to reverse my Ostomy. I am thinking of putting it off until the fall just so I can enjoy summer, and I have a couple of shoots to take care of. This way Im not having to worry about accidents and urgency issues in the bathroom. Im not sure just yet what I will do. I have till the end of the month to decide.

Have a great week, I'll post later in the week to let you know how the last one went.

1 comment:

Jane Bingham said...

Brenda, I am so glad you had your last chemo and I can't wait to see you in Florida!!