Thursday, March 12, 2009

round #8

Pretty much a repeat of last time. More vomitting this time too. Totally don't like that. It's true that as you go it builds up in your system and hits you harder each time. I have never felt this tired and so sick in my life. I slept all evening Monday. Tuesday slept most the day away. Poor Harold; he felt so bad for me. He actually had guilt over going to work. I just laid on the couch... thats all I could do. I had to force myself to drink some fluids wich is so hard to do when you cant drink anything cold or cool. I ate baked potato for dinner and it was soooo good. lol
Wed. was a bit better, I did eat a bit for dinner. I lost another 3 pounds from Monday to Wed. Its funny I loose 3 pounds in 2 days then in the 12 days before next treatment I gain it back.

Today (Thursday) I feel better as far as nausea but I am so freakin tired. I just feel like going to sleep. I have done a little housework but Im exhausted! Just have no energy what so ever.

Now I have one more treatment with all 3 meds. Its gonna suck. It will be like this one but maybe a bit worse. Im not looking forward to that since the kids will be home on spring break too.
Then I have 3 more treatments with Leukovorin and the 5FU meds. I'll still be sick but hopefully noticeably better.

4 more to go!

Next steps will be CT scan, and reversal surgery for my Ostomy.

Im considering postponing my ostomy reversal. I have the potential for Photography work and I just cant pass it up. Not sure yet on timing.... will have to wait and see.

So, now to the family. Everyone is doing well. Poor Harold has some pain in his side which to me is just like the symptoms of Gall stones but the doc said he has a broken rib or bruised rib. Were watching it to see. Then he burned his arm at work. He got the filling of a pot pie spilled on it and it gave him some nasty blisters. Poor guy. He is stressed about me, pain in his side, and now a burn.

Kids are good. Tora is doing good in school, she is preparing for her performance at The Pacers Game. Shelby is having fun playing with all the neighborhood kids. Christian is so far up his girlfriends butt we may have to pull him out. lol When he isnt talking to her or IM'ing her then he is on his bike and having fun with that.

I found out I did get the Soccer leauge again this year! So thats two teams Im shooting so far. I hope to get more. Keep your fingers crossed.

Hope all is well with you.

2 comments:

EvanandBraedensMommy said...

Brenda,
Finally getting around to leaving a comment...you know how it goes. Sounds like things are a bit tough now with the treatments. Stay strong it will be over and a part of the past before too long. Glad to hear the kids are doing good. Can't imagine the whole girlfriend scene yet myself. Another few years.. Evan did bring home a picture from school his friend Kathleen drew for him of him and her holding hands...lol..puppy love :) Great news of getting some photography work. I am still babysitting and busy as ever with all the kiddos. I can't beleive you are doing housework!!! Cancer treatment should come with a magic wand for your house work. The least they could do... Just wanted to stop in and say Hi and let you know I am thinking of you way more often then I write. Hope you are keeping strong and positive. (((HUGS)))

Patrick Michelle said...

Hey Brenda...

So sorry to hear how draining the fatigue is right now, but I just have to tell you -- you are one tough cookie! ;-) I'm glad to hear that Harold is getting to work 'some'. I have a friend who was just diagnosed with rectal cancer. She begins treatments, soon. Take care and we'll keep praying for you guys!

Big Hugs,
Michelle & Patrick