Sunday, March 29, 2009

#9

I cant tell you how much I'm glad this week is over.


-Nausea
-Vomitting
-Fatigue
-Mouth Sores
-Cold Induced Neuropothy
-dry cracking hands/painful joints
-and rectal discharge/ painful of course
I HAD ALL OF THIS!!!!
And the kids were home for spring break. How fun. (insert sarcastic voice there)
So, treatment went as normal. Came home and had the normal headache. Took Phenergen and passed out.


Tuesday, Harold was still at work and so I asked the kids to pick up around the house and I pretty much slept on the couch until..... I vomited. I hate doing that. Then the rectal discharge started. OMG. I was in the bathroom litterally biting my lip so the kids wouldnt hear me scream. After realizing that sitting on the toilet was creating more pain, and after going through 2 pair of underpants I just laid on my bed. I asked Christian to keep the other kids busy while I lay there. I had no control and it felt like razor blades. I just laid there shaking and moving to deal with the pain. After an hour I threw away my under clothes and took a shower. Theres nothing like asking your 15 yr old to bring you a bag to throw away your poo clothes. I felt like a baby. It took about 3 hours total to get past this. I spent the rest of the day laying on the couch and trying to force fluids. The kids did pretty good keeping away from me. A friend took Tora in the afternoon and kept her most the day so she would leave me alone. I slept.
Wed. I felt the same but I cant explain how Fatigued I felt. It litterally felt like I was walking around with weights haning on me. I felt so heavy. I never knew the true meaning of fatigue until this week. Harold came home to drive me to Cincy to get my pump disconnected. Im glad because I was too out of it to drive. I slept the rest of the evening when we got home.
Thursday, feeling better but again... I just cant explain the fatigue. I did manage to do a couple loads of laundry. The boys did a good job of picking up the house.
The fatigue is still here.. and its Sunday. They say that the Chemo drugs have a building up affect and stay with you longer. Well, they are right. OMG! The mouth sores make it hard to eat certain things, I can work around that though; they hurt alot. there is one on the corner of my mouth and I cant open it all the way.
Oh, yeah and hair loss! Its been thinning as I go. Its getting pretty bad.
Saturday we did have Tora's B day party. All I had to do was pick up the cake. We had it at Bee Active. I was not up to having people at the house. Too much to do. Not enough energy. It did cost a bit much but I swore that I wouldnt let this disease get in the way of my kids lives. The pizza's were delivered and I just enjoyed 2 hours of fun for my baby. We had 18 kids and about 10 adults. I had lots of help and I did ask for it when I needed it. I'll add a pic or two at the bottom of Miss Tora the 6 yr old.


So I feel like I just hop on here and Bitch and moan about my week. Im sorry for that. I would love to say all things are great but I'd be lying. today is Sunday and normally I have felt almost back to normal (what ever that is) but I dont. today I feel exhausted and just want to sleep. lol We bagged all my ads today and maybe that tired me out. Maybe it doesnt matter... Id be tired no matter what I do.
Harold is done working the contract work I suppose. Its bitter sweet I guess. On one hand he is home with me and I can lean on him more again. On the other hand, its like loosing his job all over again. He made some extra money during the past 4 weeks which was nice, it paid for car repairs, and well Tora's birthday. It sucks not knowing our future. Will he find a new job? Where? and they must have health care.
Ok, Im tired its 10pm and the kids are back to school tommorrow so I better get some sleep.
here is a couple of the photo's......





Showing off her earings.











Isnt this so cute?



All the kiddo's at the party.

1 comment:

Teal said...

Brenda, I think of you often. I am so sorry you are having to go through this. You are in my prayers.

Tycie