Hello everyone. Hope your enjoying the snow!
Well, due to weight loss I got a lower dose :) It made a difference in some side affects and made it more tollerable this time around. Nausea is still horrible though. I swear it is the worst part of the chemo. If I didnt have my Illeostomy I would probably say the diahrea is but hey... Im happy I have it right now. I pop Immodium like candy to help with that.
So like I said I lost some weight between doses (4lbs this time). Im gonna try to stay at this weight so I can get the same dosage each time.
Oh yeah! and because Im on this stupid study.... I was mistaken on the # of doses. I will have 9 total with all 3 chemo meds... then 3 MORE doses with just 2 of the meds. THAT SUCKS!!!!!
So, that means I'll be in treatment for a total of 6 months. My last dose should be the first week of May. I should have my reversal surgery in early June. I was hoping to have the surgery in May so the kids would be in school and it would be "business as usual" for them. No biggie... I'll find a way to keep them busy while Im in the hospital.
Im definatley looking forward to spring/summer. The cold just hurts my fingers, toes, and nose (another nasty side affect).
I am working on setting up some Photography work for Summer/Fall. I need to get back to a normal life. I have barely touched my Camera since all this began. Its like an addict not being able to get to thier drugs. I crave it.
Im a bit chatty today. lol
Kids are all fighting colds right now. Both of the boys stayed home due to it.
Tora got her ears re-pierced over the weekend. Hopefully this time she will let me take them out and put new ones in. :)
Shelby is playing indoor Soccer on Thursday nights.
Christian is getting more mature, he is starting to grow out of his ADHD and just turning into a lazy teen. lol He is begging to get his temps but were not ready for that just yet.
Harold, he is an awsome caregiver and husband. Gentle and patient despite his rough exterior. I just dont know what I would do without him. Yeah, we could have a cleaner house but he tries, and he is here for me during the 4 days I am sick and feeling my worst. I do nothing and he takes care of me.
i think I found a keeper;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Brenda,
Just wanted to pop in and say, "hi"! I'm so sorry this has been so rough. Just know, though, that we are still thinking of you and praying for you! Hang in there girl!
Love & Prayers,
Michelle & Patrick
Brenda, I just read your atest etry. That sucks about the extra teatments because of the study but hopefully it will all pay off in the end! I'm thinking of you and me and the rest of the Cancer Chicks are here for you to vent to!
Post a Comment