Saturday, February 14, 2009

round #6

This week was about the same as last time. Really not much to add except that I am half way there!!!!!!!

3 more of the full dose of all 3 meds

and

3 of the dose with only 2 meds


Everyone is doing ok here.

I have been having some irritablility issues lately. I havent figured out if its my health or just our situation in general. I have tried so hard to stay upbeat and positive but sometimes I feel like I am wearing a mask. I smile on the outside and I just want to scream on the inside. Im sure its a combo of everything.

I am on a Forum with other colorectal cancer patients and there has been a few deaths this past week and a few "bad" test results also. Its hard to read all that but I also go there for help and encouragement. I wont have a new scan until after chemo is done so I have to sit and wait till May to see if I get a clear scan or not. Sucks.

No job prospects for Harold yet. Im getting a bit nervous about that. You know its a sad job market when Kings Island gets THOUSANDS of applicants to work at an amusement park!

Our flipping COBRA insurance went up another $100 without warning. I mean what the hell!?
I have a $2500 deductible due NOW to my Oncologist, they're sticking their hand out each time I go for treatment too.

I dont know why I am telling you this... I guess its my way of venting. Im just pissed! I should just be hanging out and relaxing because Im on freaking Chemo which sucks but instead I have to work 2 part time jobs and stress over my freaking health care costs.

This week we took our car in to have the brakes checked..... umm, yeah. $837 later. New brakes all around, new rotor's, new drums, new brake lines, new tensioner, new belt, and trans service. Plus labor. Well, after our $1,000 shower incodent I guess that was another punch in the gut.

Again.... what the hell?!!!

So, that thing we all look forward to at the beginning of the year... you know a tax return? GONE! We had to do it though. We still owe on the car and we need to assure that it is in good driving condition for my trips to Cincy each week.

Oh, here is a funny... I added up my "health care" mileage for the year for a deduction. 4700 miles!!!!! in translation... thats 47 trips to cincinnati in 2008. Not just for the year.. I didnt start going over there till June. Gee, wonder why the brakes were shot?

Tora is performing at MHS this coming Friday for whomever would like to see her.. approx 8:30 pm I think. I'll post pics next week.

Christian is currently on his first "real" date. he is double dating with his girlfriends parents. lol
The irony in that he is out on Valentines day and I footed the bill... but we cant afford to go out... hmm, being a parent sucks! LOL

Speaking of the "over rated" holiday. I got a card and a new Hot Cocoa mug. Ryan Newman #12 thank you very much my wonderful hubby. I drink alot of hot cocoa during treatment week. lol

Well, Im done bitching for now. Well, maybe not but Tora wants some ice cream so I have to force myself to get off the computer. Been on this thing for a couple of hours now. (oops) But hey, I worked this morning. lol

Not sure if I forgot anything but thanks for letting me complain. I really dont mean to use this as an outlet but sometimes there is nothing to update you on but the bad crap too.

Till next time.....

1 comment:

Jane Bingham said...

Brenda, YAYYYYY on being half way through!!
BOOOO at the car crap! WOW! Over $800 for brakes???Yikes!
I am dealing with the cancer center and a large deductible too. Man, this economy better pick up soo!
Stay strong my dear!