Friday, December 19, 2008

just as expected

Well, this wont be a very upbeat entry.

This week just sucked. Chemo took forever! 18 chairs and they are all full, the nurses are running ragged to keep everyone going. I sat in the chair about 1:15 and didnt get started on my Pre meds until 2pm. Then they had the drip set to slow and I was there until 5pm! They finally got my pump hooked up and I was out the door around 5:30. It takes an hour and 15 min to get home, I was so freakin tired.

Tuesday was ok. I was nauseated but ok.

Wed just totally sucked. I was so sick. Went to get my pump disconnected and that was it. Plus it was a snow day.. need I say more? Couldnt eat or drink.

Thursday was the worst. I actually almost passed out! It was so wierd. I have never felt that way before. I did eat a plain burger. It was so good. lol I started getting sick too. I mean a head cold or sinus something. Totaly sucked. I was freezing and yet felt flush. I could barely hold my head up. Drank a little juice. I cant tell you how hard it is to try to eat and drink during these days. Everything smells bad, tastes bad, and the texture just makes me gag. I cant drink anything colder than room temp.

Today, I was supposed to work but still so sick. I called in and Im glad I did. I had to force myself to get off the couch and get moving. I ate a grilled cheese sandwich too. I am still blowing my nose like crazy and now that its evening Im feeling yucky again. I hope this starts to go away tommorrow. I need to feel better.

So, I seriously question if I can do this 6 more times. Its so hard to feel this way. I hate it. Im useless to my family and hate the way I feel. Its just so hard.

So Im not as upbeat as normal.. I cant help it. Today... well it sucks!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You WILL do this 6 more times BECAUSE your family needs you. I won't pretend to know how you feel - your description definitely sounds like you are going through HELL. But everyone loves you and are proud of you and you will make it through this! <3

Anonymous said...

You CAN and WILL because you are stronger then even you know. We are thinking of you all the time. Hugs to you and yours!
Tricia, Margie, and Shandi