Chemo was on Monday.
After waiting in the infusion room for over an hour before they finally got my PreMeds hooked up it was almost 1pm. Those stupid Steroids give me such a splitting head ache! I left around 4pm and when I got home I was very pale and very tired. Of course I came home sporting my little pump also.
Tuesday was fine. I couldnt drink anything unless it was warm or room temp. The neuropothy hit so fast! Also, when the cold air hit my hands outside they would hurt and my lips would tingle.
Wed. OMG! Nausea and weakness. Harold drove me to get the pump disconnected and I slept off and on all the way there and all the way home. I slept the rest of the day. I have never felt so bad in my life. I didnt eat all day. Literally. I only sipped on water occasionally, and I had to force myself to do that. I barely spoke to the kids.
Thursday I felt a little better but still started off pretty rough. I slept till around 11 am and then made myself get up. It took a few hours but I was feeling a little better each hour. Very weak but a bit better. I did eat Thursday. I had a bowl of Rice Crispies! lol They were so good. I was weak and hungry. Later I had a part of a pop tart. This is very unusual for me since I dont typically eat breakfast foods at all. Shelby had a Christmas Concert at school so I went and did pretty good. I was exhausted when I got home.
Friday (today) feeling much better. Did laundry and picked up around the house. I didnt over do it, just rested in between. Oh, I have 3 mouth sores already too (another side affect) . Blah!
So, I should be ok except the Neuropothy and I guess the Diarrhea:( until next go around. Which will be Monday the 15th. It sucks because I know Im gonna feel so bad and cant do anything about it but just prepare to sleep I suppose. At least I 'll feel good for Xmas.
I know I havent been updating much lately and Im sorry. I honestly dont get on the computer as much now that Harold is home. lol I guess that can be looked at as a good thing.
As usual I want to send a few thank you's.
Brenda & Brian for the furniture... it saves us that monthly payment.
All my fellow Photog's.... you rock!
Russ (even though I dont think he reads this) thank you!
Marilynn, Chuck, and Laura.... we thank you... and he misses you!
To anyone else that my tired butt is forgetting.... Thanks for loving us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey Bren,
Just wanted to stop in and say hi and that I've been thinking of you. Life has been so crazy lately and I haven't had a chance to check up on your blog, but I finally did today. I hope everything is going well for you. Have a great weekend.
Devan
Post a Comment