Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Its all around!

It seems that on a daily basis I hear a story of Cancer. Whether its on the news about early detection, treatment, and how its affecting younger people; or its on Oprah, or the nieghborhood kid knocks on the door to ask if we have a plastic container for them to use so they can put donation boxes at local stores for their Aunt who is dying of Cervical Cancer.

I sit and listen to each of the stories, it makes me think alot about my life and my fight I am up against. I know I can win this particular round. Its the what if I have a recurrence that I worry about.

It might just be the weather, it could be the financial crisis our country is in; it could even be the medical bills and the reality that its going to get rough around here; but today is just a gloomy day.

I know I am not the only one.....

sometimes its awfully lonely around here.

2 comments:

Smith Family said...

These days are the hardest when you are looking ahead, the what is going to happen now thing, but what you have to realize is that you get to look ahead. You are healing and this is not taking you out. You have a future and that is what makes it the best. So instead of worrying abou the what ifs think about the what nows the prom you will get to see your kids go to, the cheerleading, the skate boarding, the next photo shoot, the weddings, the grandkids. You get those and that is what you should focus on. The other stuff is not a definite and therefore at this point not something to worry about.

Erica said...

Holly said it wonderfully. Look at the positives. The things youa re getting to see/do. I know I haven't posted in awhile but just wanted to tell you I am still thinking and praying for you.